Thursday, October 29, 2009

2nd Assignment: Tonight's play: Experimenting Breda's nightlife in three acts

Breda sounds like fiesta, and this city is the place to party. There are a lot of bars in Breda, especially in the city center wich is the place where all the nice bars and pubs are. In fact I once heard that Breda has the most bars per square meter and after two months of living in there, I actually believe it.

I came here to study but let's be honest, most of the foreign students in Breda are spending more time partying than studying and I'm no exception. Guided by veterans of Breda's nightlife I managed to try a lot of places, some more interesting than others. Among all the places I went to, I'm going to introduce you my experience of Breda's nightlife in three parts.

First act: Start the evening in a nice cocktail bars called Brooklyn : it's a very nice place if you like to drink cocktails, which are not so easy to find in the city's bars, especially if you look for a good quality. Prices per cocktail are around 5 Euro which is not bad at all and believe me I know what I'm talking about as in Paris prices are much more expensive. The atmosphere of the place is different from any other bar in Breda and although it has an original layout, it's still a very pleasant place to spend evening with friends.



Second act: Miller Time: If you like to drink, dance and chat with good music in a nice surrounding and relaxed atmosphere, the Miller Time is the place to go. Located in a little alley, the entrance seems to be hidden expect for the right persons. On week end nights the place is always crowded and you always find nice people to party with. If you want to take a break from dancing and enjoy a little piece of fresh air, The Miller has a great garden in the back with tables were you can relax, and for me it's one of the nicest thing about this place.




Every Thursday night, De Boulevard hosts a party called "Sex After School" and it's exactly what the students need to take a break from the harassing week they had. De Boulevard also have events with great DJ's. The place consist on the big dancing room as you can see in the picture above, the DJ's are on the stage and the atmosphere is always nice. And you can have 1€ beers at the bar to keep you up during the party.

I hope you enjoyed the menu of the night and that you'll try is and it will please you.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Roukia,

    personally I've heard that Breda has the most shoes shops per square meters of all the Nederlands !
    I really like your 3-parts comment, and you give me the wish to try each of the places you notified (especially the cocktail bar ^^)

    And you are right, cocktail prices in Paris start easily at 7 or 8 euros !

    I hope you will show me all these nice places ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roukia,

    In my opinion Breda is a small city that you can do a lot of things, but you never try to go outside to experiment other activities.

    Astrid is right regarding the shoes shop.

    I want to go to the Brooklyn Cocktail Bar, and I will order a mojito. I love mojitos, and since august I have not tried anyone. Will you come with me? About the Miller Time, I like so much the garden. You can rest, talking with friends better, because there is not music, and drink a beer;-D

    You are right, Paris is very expensive. Also in Ibiza, it is too expensive.

    Let's continue party!

    See you

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roukia,

    As I can see you integrated very well into Breda and its people.

    I liked this blog and to be honest, I've never been to Brooklyn bar, but am now very interested as I enjoy a good coctail as well. I might catch up on that tonight.

    The only contrary in your writing is that you stated that most students spend more time going out than studying, but they need the break on Thursday after such a hard week. :)

    Enjoy Breda as much as you can!

    Carolin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Roukia,

    I enjoyed reading you blog and I’m happy to see that you grown accustomed to the Breda way of life. But really your from Paris, how can you like Breda? I mean compared with Paris, Breda is a hick town and a step backwards.

    No to rip on Breda or anything but come on Paris! On the other hand maybe the fact that your from a multimillion metropolis you like Breda so much, because its small.

    ReplyDelete